News

SMITE Relics In-Depth: Purification

Tue 5th Jul 2016 - 5:00pm : Gaming

Introduction:

One of the strongest relics in all of SMITE, Purification is a relic that many damage focused gods cannot do without. It is one of the two relics that is used as a safety net sort of relic. Whether this relic is off cooldown can mean life or death in many situations.

General Use:

Purification is a relic that is used to remove Crowd Control and stay immune to new Crowd Control for 2 seconds. This relic can be taken by any role, but is mainly picked up by the Middle LanerADC, or Jungler. In some cases of a Crowd Control heavy team it is acceptable for the Support or the Solo Laner to also pick up Purification.

Strengths:

The primary use for Purification is to be able to cleanse any Crowd Control that might be affecting you. Knowing how to use this relic will save yourself in many situations. Against gods like Ares or Xing Tian this relic is a must have. Not having this relic against a CC heavy composition can lead to many extra deaths and as a result being put behind in farm.

Understanding what CC is the strongest on the enemy team is an important part of using this relic. Since Purification is on a 160 second long cooldown, you want to make sure that you use it when you think that you will be killed from the follow up from a CC. Knowing the difference between a CC that you can take versus a CC that will kill you is a crucial part of maximizing this relic's effectiveness.

Weaknesses:

Unlike most relics, Purification's main weakness is its cooldown. Such a long cooldown makes its user very vulnerable while it is on cooldown. CC ultimates like Are's No Escape or Xing Tian's Whirlwind of Rage and Steel can quickly lead to death if hit by them. Other CC like Sobek's Charge Prey or Sylvanus' Nature's Grasp can also lead being put very far out of position. As such, CC should be avoided if at all possible when you do not have Purification available.

One important thing to keep in mind when taking this relic is that not all CC can be cleansed with Purification. Notably all Knock-ups, Knockbacks, and most Grabs cannot be cleansed by Purification. Another Crowd Control, the Banish, has an issue with Purification. With the exception of Kumbakarna's ultimate Epic Uppercut, Banishes can be cleansed, but your character will still fall from where they were banished to. This is most notable with Freya or Janus.

Other Notes:

One technique to use with Purification is to use it to prevent a CC from hitting you before it makes contact. Being able to pre-cleanse some CC will help you from having abilities interupted during teamfights. This strategy could help to prevent an early death in a fight, meaning that you may be able to finish using your abilities or uses them a second time should the fight last that long. Only use this strategy when you are certain that you will be hit by the fore mentioned CC.

Closing:

Purification boasts itself as one the most powerful relics in the game when it is used correctly. Being able to save yourself from what otherwise be an inevitable death is what makes this relic so strong. Be sure that when you use this relic that you always keep track of your own cooldown on your relic as well as when the last time the enemy has used their Crowd Control. Knowing these two things will help you remain alive and well during every stage of the game. Always remember that while Purification can cleanse most CC, it cannot cleanse Knock-upsKnockbacks, or Grabs that put you into the air.

Fastchevy

Fastchevy

Neil S

Your Comments

• Thu 8th Nov 2018 - 1:20pm

Buddy, is there something else that you need to say in regards to this theme? I feel like you have forgotten some imperative bits, and you should share those bits with us soon. I am counting on you, so please don't disappoint me. limpezas domesticas

• Thu 1st Nov 2018 - 11:46am

Today, you have made me a fanatic of yours, and I trust that will keep on being the situation. Your work has been fabulous, yet on the off chance that the work quality drops, you can state farewell to me being your fan. Mer information

• Tue 30th Oct 2018 - 1:31pm

I might want to learn about the root of the substance that you have shared here with us. I observe this substance to be extremely fascinating, and I need to discover it's source. Kindly, do tell me about it as quickly as time permits. Ytterligare info om denna sajt

• Tue 23rd Oct 2018 - 7:56pm

In this guide article for the best Greek islands, you will find one great list with inside information. For the best beaches in Greece, Google maps, unique locations for the popular Aegean Islands and many more. Aegean Islands

• Mon 22nd Oct 2018 - 2:31pm

Your work is simply so extraordinary, man. At whatever point I am on the web, I generally visit this webpage, and the main reason is to peruse your articles. Your articles are always brilliant! Ytterligare info om webbplatsen

• Fri 19th Oct 2018 - 5:37pm

Much obliged to you for expounding on this matter today. I was advised by a mates to read this article if I wanted any data regarding this matter, so I decided to read this article. Happy I did that! bosch laser distance measurer

• Fri 19th Oct 2018 - 5:08pm

It would be an absolute pleasure to learn about the wellspring of all the data you share here. When I become acquainted with the source, I can seek about Sqribble specifically, and then I won't have to trouble you. Sqribble Review

• Wed 17th Oct 2018 - 9:49pm

Much obliged to you for creating this phenomenal article today. I realize that individuals believe it's anything but difficult to compose stuff about this theme, however it's truly not. Just the individual who's doing this activity can see how troublesome it is. Hurst orthopedic surgeon

• Sun 14th Oct 2018 - 1:05pm

Much obliged to you for delivering this splendid article here. Hunting down some helpful data regarding this matter isn't something easy to do, and that is the reason I like this article to such an extent. You should not stop your work here. Mobilselskaber i Danmark

• Wed 10th Oct 2018 - 5:11pm

I can always count on you to publish a wonderful article on this site. In fact, I don't even remember the last time when you published a sub-par article here. Your work truly has been outstanding in these past few months. affiliate marketing revolutie review

• Tue 9th Oct 2018 - 7:47pm

Much obliged to you for composing such an astounding article here. Many individuals I know say that your work isn't great, however they don't know what they're saying. You've generally created astonishing articles. voyance téléphone

• Tue 9th Oct 2018 - 6:50pm

Psychological testing and interviewing by a clinical psychologist helps businesses hire the right people. Our methods identifies whether the person is a good fit for your company and determines if the candidate has sufficient ability to elevate your organization. Psychological evaluations can be used in employee screening, succession planning, managerial selection, pre-employment decisions, and employee counseling situations. Psychological Testing

• Tue 9th Oct 2018 - 9:29am

Pretty nice useful informationblog you must update it frequently so that we can get more things. Delhi escorts Escorts in Delhi

• Mon 8th Oct 2018 - 7:24pm

There's a lot of great content in this article, and I can use it in my project. If I use it in my project, more people will read my project, and at the end of the day, that will be beneficial for me. wordpress site

• Mon 8th Oct 2018 - 1:56pm

Will you be publishing any more articles relating to this topic here? The information in this article wasn't enough for me, and that makes me sad. Please, do share some more information on this right away. labradoodle kopen

• Fri 5th Oct 2018 - 11:01pm

Since you've created some incredible substance identifying with this subject, I'd love to see some other type of substance from you here. All the substance that you distribute here is to a great degree supportive for me. wordpress blog

• Thu 4th Oct 2018 - 11:15am

All things considered, the composition work here is just phenomenal. I expected something astounding from you in the composition office, and you've conveyed it. I simply ask that your work quality doesn't drop off later on. weed

• Mon 1st Oct 2018 - 8:23pm

You're one of the only writers who I can trust to deliver great articles time after time. Your consistency in this business is unmatched right now. I have some friends who think the same way as me. lace wedding gown

• Sat 29th Sep 2018 - 10:30am

Cool work, yet it's not precisely what I trusted you would share here today. I have a theme that I have to complete a task on, and you have not given me the data on that yet. At what point when will you give data on that? budgeting software

• Thu 27th Sep 2018 - 11:45am

People all around the world say that you are among the best writers of the world, and it's hard to argue with that, to be honest. Your work speaks for yourself, and if anyone thinks this statement is false, I'd like to know why. Depresyon

Please register or login to post comments