News

SMITE Relics In-Depth: Purification

Tue 5th Jul 2016 - 5:00pm : Gaming

Introduction:

One of the strongest relics in all of SMITE, Purification is a relic that many damage focused gods cannot do without. It is one of the two relics that is used as a safety net sort of relic. Whether this relic is off cooldown can mean life or death in many situations.

General Use:

Purification is a relic that is used to remove Crowd Control and stay immune to new Crowd Control for 2 seconds. This relic can be taken by any role, but is mainly picked up by the Middle LanerADC, or Jungler. In some cases of a Crowd Control heavy team it is acceptable for the Support or the Solo Laner to also pick up Purification.

Strengths:

The primary use for Purification is to be able to cleanse any Crowd Control that might be affecting you. Knowing how to use this relic will save yourself in many situations. Against gods like Ares or Xing Tian this relic is a must have. Not having this relic against a CC heavy composition can lead to many extra deaths and as a result being put behind in farm.

Understanding what CC is the strongest on the enemy team is an important part of using this relic. Since Purification is on a 160 second long cooldown, you want to make sure that you use it when you think that you will be killed from the follow up from a CC. Knowing the difference between a CC that you can take versus a CC that will kill you is a crucial part of maximizing this relic's effectiveness.

Weaknesses:

Unlike most relics, Purification's main weakness is its cooldown. Such a long cooldown makes its user very vulnerable while it is on cooldown. CC ultimates like Are's No Escape or Xing Tian's Whirlwind of Rage and Steel can quickly lead to death if hit by them. Other CC like Sobek's Charge Prey or Sylvanus' Nature's Grasp can also lead being put very far out of position. As such, CC should be avoided if at all possible when you do not have Purification available.

One important thing to keep in mind when taking this relic is that not all CC can be cleansed with Purification. Notably all Knock-ups, Knockbacks, and most Grabs cannot be cleansed by Purification. Another Crowd Control, the Banish, has an issue with Purification. With the exception of Kumbakarna's ultimate Epic Uppercut, Banishes can be cleansed, but your character will still fall from where they were banished to. This is most notable with Freya or Janus.

Other Notes:

One technique to use with Purification is to use it to prevent a CC from hitting you before it makes contact. Being able to pre-cleanse some CC will help you from having abilities interupted during teamfights. This strategy could help to prevent an early death in a fight, meaning that you may be able to finish using your abilities or uses them a second time should the fight last that long. Only use this strategy when you are certain that you will be hit by the fore mentioned CC.

Closing:

Purification boasts itself as one the most powerful relics in the game when it is used correctly. Being able to save yourself from what otherwise be an inevitable death is what makes this relic so strong. Be sure that when you use this relic that you always keep track of your own cooldown on your relic as well as when the last time the enemy has used their Crowd Control. Knowing these two things will help you remain alive and well during every stage of the game. Always remember that while Purification can cleanse most CC, it cannot cleanse Knock-upsKnockbacks, or Grabs that put you into the air.

Fastchevy

Fastchevy

Neil S

Your Comments

• Sun 14th Oct 2018 - 1:05pm

Much obliged to you for delivering this splendid article here. Hunting down some helpful data regarding this matter isn't something easy to do, and that is the reason I like this article to such an extent. You should not stop your work here. Mobilselskaber i Danmark

• Wed 10th Oct 2018 - 5:11pm

I can always count on you to publish a wonderful article on this site. In fact, I don't even remember the last time when you published a sub-par article here. Your work truly has been outstanding in these past few months. affiliate marketing revolutie review

• Tue 9th Oct 2018 - 7:47pm

Much obliged to you for composing such an astounding article here. Many individuals I know say that your work isn't great, however they don't know what they're saying. You've generally created astonishing articles. voyance téléphone

• Tue 9th Oct 2018 - 6:50pm

Psychological testing and interviewing by a clinical psychologist helps businesses hire the right people. Our methods identifies whether the person is a good fit for your company and determines if the candidate has sufficient ability to elevate your organization. Psychological evaluations can be used in employee screening, succession planning, managerial selection, pre-employment decisions, and employee counseling situations. Psychological Testing

• Tue 9th Oct 2018 - 9:29am

Pretty nice useful informationblog you must update it frequently so that we can get more things. Delhi escorts Escorts in Delhi

• Mon 8th Oct 2018 - 7:24pm

There's a lot of great content in this article, and I can use it in my project. If I use it in my project, more people will read my project, and at the end of the day, that will be beneficial for me. wordpress site

• Mon 8th Oct 2018 - 1:56pm

Will you be publishing any more articles relating to this topic here? The information in this article wasn't enough for me, and that makes me sad. Please, do share some more information on this right away. labradoodle kopen

• Fri 5th Oct 2018 - 11:01pm

Since you've created some incredible substance identifying with this subject, I'd love to see some other type of substance from you here. All the substance that you distribute here is to a great degree supportive for me. wordpress blog

• Thu 4th Oct 2018 - 11:15am

All things considered, the composition work here is just phenomenal. I expected something astounding from you in the composition office, and you've conveyed it. I simply ask that your work quality doesn't drop off later on. weed

• Mon 1st Oct 2018 - 8:23pm

You're one of the only writers who I can trust to deliver great articles time after time. Your consistency in this business is unmatched right now. I have some friends who think the same way as me. lace wedding gown

• Sat 29th Sep 2018 - 10:30am

Cool work, yet it's not precisely what I trusted you would share here today. I have a theme that I have to complete a task on, and you have not given me the data on that yet. At what point when will you give data on that? budgeting software

• Thu 27th Sep 2018 - 11:45am

People all around the world say that you are among the best writers of the world, and it's hard to argue with that, to be honest. Your work speaks for yourself, and if anyone thinks this statement is false, I'd like to know why. Depresyon

• Tue 25th Sep 2018 - 2:35pm

Do not take anything that I say on this website as a joke. I know a guy who did that, and he had to pay a heavy price for it. I won't tell you the details here, but if you really want to know, PM me and I'll tell you. toronto furniture store

• Mon 24th Sep 2018 - 1:52pm

I am thinking about starting a writing business, but I need your honest opinion first. I have gathered a few writers, who are great, and our writing business will be legit. Do you think it's a good idea in this day and age? toronto accounting firm

• Sun 16th Sep 2018 - 5:47pm

Bro, you are, without a doubt, one of the best people who write content on this site. Your work is always fantastic to read, and if you continue to go this way, people will start to like you. That's what it's all about. тренінги з продажу

• Fri 31st Aug 2018 - 7:37pm

Qlife Consumer Products Private Limited, a subsidiary of global industrial behemoth – NeST Group of companies, deals with F&B products. Njuze Lemon Daze

• Thu 30th Aug 2018 - 7:42am

LogIT ME Fzco is one of the fastest growing companies which provide complete Auto Identification Solutions in Dubai, UAE. We help businesses become more efficient by incorporating quality automation solutions into their processes such as ID Card Issuance System, Time & Attendance System, Access Control System and Software. Headquartered in Dubai, UAE and recognized as the most respected and professionally managed Auto Identifications solutions company. Our Vision is to provide customers with the most advanced technology in Auto Identification solutions and set a high standard for Customer Service and Product Quality. Fingerprint Device in Dubai, UAE

• Sun 26th Aug 2018 - 12:50pm

You must think that you are not a good writer, but you are wrong. In fact, you are one of the absolute best writers of this generation, and there's not much anyone can say about that. Most people agree with this. The Top Cleaner

• Mon 20th Aug 2018 - 12:45pm

Some truly nice and sensible info on Malware, likewise I think the pattern to explain what is malware and how it is working.

It is enough to explain How Can Prevent From Malware for your system to protect all type of malware and this Method really works well.

I did a research on this topic and found mainly folks will have the same opinion with your blog.

Thanks.

• Mon 20th Aug 2018 - 11:46am

You are definitely one of the greatest writers of this generation. I see many people online say the same thing, and that's why I am confident in saying that here. You could lose your position if your work quality drops, though. website marketing

Please register or login to post comments