Forums

Fishing With Bait - Live Bait Fishing Tips

• Wed 26th Feb 2020 - 7:51am

More than 20 years ago my fishing mentor taught me some incredible tips and techniques for fishing with live bait, and in this article I'm going to pass some of those tips on to you. These live bait fishing tips have helped me catch a lot of fish over the years, and they'll son do the same for you. In my humble opinion fishing with live bait can be every bit the "art form" that other forms of fishing have been proclaimed to be. When it comes to fishing, the word "art" shouldn't only be used with the technique that involves waving feathers back and forth in the air.

The point is that when taken seriously live bit fishing can be extremely efficient and effective as a form of fishing. The first tip I have to relay to you is to take your craft seriously. From the condition of your fishing line to the sharpness of your hooks, all of your gear should be in good condition when fishing with live bait best baitcasting reels under 100.

My mentor believed in using ultra-light rods and reels for most of his live bait fishing, spooled with light line. Light line needs to be changed often, so as to always be as fresh as possible. When fishing line gets used for a while, it becomes coiled, nicked, and frayed. This affects your performance, from casting distance, to fish fighting ability. Depending on how often you fish, your fishing line should be changed frequently. My normal "rule of thumb" is to change my line monthly at least.

The next tip for fishing with live bait is to make sure that your hands are free of unnatural odors. When a fish bites live bait, it knows what that bait should smell like. Unnatural odors that are on your hands (such as gasoline or soap residue) will transfer to your bait and cost you bites. This is why you always need to make sure that your hands are free of any unnatural odors. This can be accomplished by simply rubbing your hands in a handful of dirt before baiting up.

No matter what kind of fishing you're going to engage in, one of the best fishing tips you'll ever get is to be on the water at the most opportune times. How do you make sure that you're on the water at the most opportune times? One of the simplest is by paying attention to the weather and moon, and then using this information to your advantage. These two forces of Mother Nature have an amazing impact on the feeding behavior of fish, and the more you understand this phenomenon the more fish you will catch.

Finally, when it comes to fishing with bait the proper hooks need to be employed. First off, your hooks need to be very sharp. This means that your hooks should be changed or sharpened after they've been used for a while. Secondly, when fishing with live bait you should always use gag hooks. This is especially true if you fish with live worms or minnows. Gang hooks are simply a pair of small hooks tied in tandem, which allow a much more natural presentation. Heck, you want your live bait to look as much like it looks in nature as possible, right? Well, gang hooks are the way to accomplish this task.

• Wed 26th Feb 2020 - 9:02am

It is actually simple to publish different article content certainly, there. dofollow backinks

Please register or login to post forum replies